Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyer & Attorney | Palm Beach & Broward County
Lyons, Snyder & Collin takes pride in representing victims injured while riding a motorcycle throughout South Florida. We have had great success handling cases involving motorcyclists hit by commercial vehicles, distracted drivers, drunk drivers and UBER & LYFT drivers.
South Florida is unique in that many residents own motorcycles as opposed to, or in addition to, cars. Many drivers, however, are not comfortable sharing the road with motorcycles. This results in a higher number of accidents, especially on the highways. Unfortunately for motorcyclists, some of the accidents can be catastrophic or fatal.
Although most motorcyclists (especially Harley Davidson riders, older riders and experienced rider) take numerous precautions when riding by wearing a helmet, leather, etc., they can’t account for everything. For example, negligent drivers who merge into lanes without looking or turn on green lights without accounting for oncoming traffic. Unlike a passenger in a car, who is shielded in the armor of their vehicle, motorcyclists are riding around vulnerable and exposed. As a result, motorcycle accident victims can suffer significant injuries following a crash.
Some common injuries following a motorcycle crash include:
- Road Rash
- Broken Bones (i.e. Wrist, Ribs)
- Spine Injuries (Neck and Back)
- Torn Ligaments or Tendon (i.e. shoulder, knee)
- Dental Injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Disfigurement or Loss of Limb (although not common, these are more common in motorcycle accidents than car accidents)
- Death (although not common, these are more common in motorcycle accidents than car accidents)
Many motorcycle accident victims require immediate medical assistance. Proper medical treatment and documentation is crucial. Fortunately, we can help you with this.
Our Google Local Reviews
Motorcycle Cases Are More Complicated than Car Accidents
- There is a lot of negative attribution towards motorcyclists. Liability is oftentimes questioned. A few “bad apples” on the road (such as speed demons) can ruin it for everyone. We aggressively advocate that our clients are rule followers who took every precaution (i.e. wore a helmet, drover the proper speed) to follow the rules of the road. Harley Davidson riders and experienced riders are different than 18-year-old riders traveling 120 mph on the highway.
- Obtaining medical treatment can be challenging as Florida does NOT afford PIP coverage to motorcyclists. We can help you find medical treatment, even if you don’t have health insurance. This is usually accomplished by treating on a letter of protection (LOP).
- The at-fault party in motorcycle crashes are oftentimes driving while impaired. Their reduced reaction time makes it difficult to account for motorcycles. Marc Lyons and Philip Snyder were former prosecutors in Broward County. We have prosecuted hundreds of individuals who were driving while under the influence. This experience is tremendously valuable for our clients during the negotiation process and litigation.
- In many cases, the at-fault party in motorcycle crashes are texting while driving. We will immediately seek to preserve the at-fault driver’s phone records.
- The injuries are oftentimes significant or fatal. Unfortunately, we have represented motorcycle accident victims who have suffered brain injuries, loss of limb and nerve damage.
We are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. To be more accessible to our clients, we are available for hospital and home consultations.
From the moment we are hired, we diligently work to preserve evidence, take photos of the road conditions, speak with witnesses. In some cases, we will hire an expert to download the black box / EDR from the vehicle that hit you to gauge their speed and time they first pressed their brakes. It is also possible your crash was caused by negligent road conditions or improper landscaping. We will explore all options to maximize your recovery
From the moment we hired, our injury attorneys will go over:
- Who pays to repair your motorcycle?
- Who pays your hospital bills, transport/ambulance bills and your future medical bills?
- Who pays for lost wages?
- Which doctors in South Florida will take personal injury cases?
- Are you covered through your uninsured motorist benefits?
- How we can increase the value of your claim?
Motorcycle accident attorneys Marc Lyons and Philip Snyder will build your case to get you maximum compensation for your past and future medical bills, past and future lost wages, and past and future pain and suffering. Our attorneys will keep in touch with you every step of the way. We will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve and will ensure the insurance company feels your pain.
Accident attorneys Philip Snyder and Marc Lyons handle all motorcycle cases on contingency-fee basis. This means if we do not collect any money, you owe us nothing. That is our no-fee guarantee.
Get In Touch Today To Discuss Your Claim
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH: NEGLIGENT HIRING
HEAD-ON CAR ACCIDENT
T-BONE PICK UP TRUCK ACCIDENT
HEAD-ON / T-BONE CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END TRUCKING ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END BOX TRUCK ACCIDENT
REAR-END CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END ACCIDENT AND DIMINISHED VALUE
Our Client Reviews
As Seen On CNN, Fox News, HLN…
When we are not in court, Marc P. Lyons and Philip M. Snyder serve as legal commentators for CNN, FOX News, and HLN.
Other Injury Compensation Claims We Excel In
Meet Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Marc P. Lyons
Mr. Lyons is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including car accidents, trucking accidents, Ride Share & more.
Philip M. Snyder
Philip Snyder is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including all types of car accidents, trucking accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents and more.