Florida Child Accident Lawyer
Lyons, Snyder & Collin offers specialized legal representation to children injured by someone else’s negligence.
All of the attorneys at Lyons, Snyder & Collin are parents of young children. We are intimately involved in their lives, from coaching their sports teams, participating in the Indian Princess program and being on the PTA. Our children are the main focus of our lives and there is NOTHING more important to us than their safety.
We understand that children are vulnerable and susceptible to accidents as they are less inclined to appreciate the risks associated with play or other activities. Preventive actions taken by adults may not be understood by children. Children need to be protected at all costs. Drivers cannot rely on assertions like, “he/she should have seen me turning”. Businesses cannot rely on written warning signs since some young children are not yet able to read. Businesses must appreciate the risks such as, wet floors, landscaping spikes, sharp corners, and burning pipes and not hide behind assertions that “the child should know better” or the liability was “open and obvious”. We aggressively and relentlessly go after any person or entity that injures children as a result of negligence or “cutting corners” with their safety measures and work hard to get your child the recovery they deserve.
As with adults, injuries to children may occur in a variety of ways, but often involve:
- Auto accidents.
- Bicycle accidents (very common in South Florida suburban neighborhoods).
- Sexual Abuse or Physical Abuse by a teacher, coach, or caregiver.
- Injuries on playground equipment.
- Slips, falls, or trips on someone else’s property;
- Injuries from landscaping or construction equipment or debris.
- Severe burns.
- Dog bites.
- Swimming and other water-related accidents.
Our personal injury attorneys will take the time to explain with you the process of determining a likely settlement value and the reasons why accidents involving children may resolve for certain amounts. We will also provide guidance on what, if anything, you can do to maximize the value of your child’s case. Upon request, we can also help find local doctors that specialize in the care of children. Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has some of the best pediatric orthopedic surgeons in Florida.
Although it can be challenging to place a dollar value on your child’s injuries, there are some considerations that go into determining what should be included in any personal injury claim for a minor. We are mindful that these types of conversations can be uncomfortable and emotionally draining. Rest assured that you can trust our attorneys to treat your child’s case as if it were our child’s case. We will exhibit compassion, empathy and patience while keeping in mind that justice must be served for your child’s pain.
Get In Touch Today To Discuss Your Claim
Our Google Local Reviews
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH: NEGLIGENT HIRING
HEAD-ON CAR ACCIDENT
T-BONE PICK UP TRUCK ACCIDENT
HEAD-ON / T-BONE CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END TRUCKING ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END BOX TRUCK ACCIDENT
REAR-END CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END ACCIDENT AND DIMINISHED VALUE
Our Client Reviews
Our Industry Reputation
As Seen On CNN, Fox News, HLN…
When we are not in court, Marc P. Lyons and Philip M. Snyder serve as legal commentators for CNN, FOX News, and HLN.
By having the negligent party pay out damages in your case, the negligent party will be more careful and impose more safeguards in the future which will hopefully protect other parents, children, and families from similar trauma that your family has suffered.
Some of the factors that go in to valuing a case:
- Past and future medical expenses based on the child’s normal life expectancy and the long-term anticipated costs and needs of the child.
- Past and future pain and suffering and loss and enjoyment of life.
- These damages can be substantial if the child suffered a permanent and/or significant injury (including damaged growth plate, disfigurement, or brain injury) which will prohibit the child from engaging in certain activities for the rest of his or her life.
- Children should also be compensated for missing events such as birthday parties, family vacations, camp, cruises, sports leagues, etc.
- The cost of living with any type of permanent disability, including any special equipment, home modifications, or limitations on where and how the injured party must live. If the injury will require the care of a nurse or other third party into the future, that cost must also be included.
- Loss of potential future wages, salary, or earning capacity as a result of the injury.
- Mental anguish and emotional distress that arise for children confronted by a serious injury, such as insecurity, fear, terror, or depression (i.e. child refuses to get into a car or attend school).
Common Injuries to Children in Florida
Although children sustain many injuries similar to those sustained by adults, they are also more prone to certain types of injuries. The impact of some injuries can affect a child’s life far more significantly than a similar injury would affect an adult.
Here are some of the injuries that particularly affect children.
- Broken Bones. These injuries are very common in accidents involving children. Broken bones are painful injuries. Although most broken bones heal relatively easily, some require surgical intervention and can affect a child’s physical development, especially with injuries involving growth plates. We have represented several children who suffered from broken arms, wrists, knee caps and ankles, many of which required surgery.
- Broken jaw and displaced teeth.
- Torn knee or elbow.
- Punctured body part (i.e. from stepping on or tripping over a landscaping spike or construction debris)
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Back and neck injuries.
Accident attorneys Philip M. Snyder and Marc P. Lyons handle all accidents involving children on a contingency basis. This means if we do not collect any money, you owe us nothing. That is our no-fee guarantee.
Do not let your child and family go through the headache of handling a personal injury case alone. Let us make the negligent party feel your pain and we will work hard to get you the results you deserve. Call now for a free consultation.
Injury Compensation Claims We Excel In
Meet Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Marc P. Lyons
Mr. Lyons is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including car accidents, trucking accidents, Ride Share & more.
Philip M. Snyder
Philip Snyder is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including all types of car accidents, trucking accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents and more.