Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Broward County, Palm Beach & South Florida
Lyons, Snyder & Collin offers specialized legal representation to bicyclists and pedestrians injured by someone else’s negligence. Most commonly, this involves individuals hit by distracted drivers.
Our personal injury attorneys will take the time to explain with you the process of determining a likely settlement value and the reasons why bicycle accident cases and pedestrian accident cases in South Florida may resolve for certain amounts. They will also provide guidance on what, if anything, you can do to maximize the value of your case.
South Florida is unique in that many residents ride bicycles as opposed to, or in addition to, cars. People also frequently walk or ride bicycles to schools, parks, the beach, dining and entertainment establishments, such as Atlantic Avenue, Las Olas Blvd., or just throughout their neighborhoods (i.e. Plantation, Parkland, Weston and Davie).
Many drivers, however, are not comfortable sharing the road with cyclists and pedestrians. This results in a higher number of accidents, especially in neighborhoods. Commonly accidents occur around dawn and dusk (as drivers have trouble seeing bicycles and pedestrians). Unfortunately, some of the accidents can be catastrophic.
Unlike a passenger in a car (who is shielded in the armor of their vehicle), cyclists and pedestrians are riding around vulnerable and exposed. As a result, cycling and pedestrian accidents can suffer significant injuries following a crash. Sadly, we have represented both cyclists and pedestrians who have been killed by negligent drivers.
Common injuries following a pedestrian or cyclists accident include:
- Concussion and/or Head Injury (If you have suffered a head injury, it is imperative you immediately seek medical assistance)
- Broken Wrist
- Broken Ribs
- Torn Shoulder
- Torn Knee
- Road Rash
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
We have also represented numerous children involved in bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Some of these injuries have been significant. As parents ourselves, these cases hit home as they could have easily been one of our loved ones. You can trust that Marc P. Lyons and Philip M. Snyder will treat your case as if our own children were injured. We will not let you down.
Get In Touch Today To Discuss Your Claim
Our Google Local Reviews
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH: NEGLIGENT HIRING
HEAD-ON CAR ACCIDENT
T-BONE PICK UP TRUCK ACCIDENT
HEAD-ON / T-BONE CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END TRUCKING ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
WRONGFUL DEATH CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END BOX TRUCK ACCIDENT
REAR-END CAR ACCIDENT
REAR-END ACCIDENT AND DIMINISHED VALUE
Our Client Reviews
Our Industry Reputation
As Seen On CNN, Fox News, HLN…
When we are not in court, Marc P. Lyons and Philip M. Snyder serve as legal commentators for CNN, FOX News, and HLN.
Here are some tips to reduce the likelihood of a crash with injuries involving a young child.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet. Wearing a helmet will reduce your child’s chances of sustaining a brain injury if they happen to be involved in a crash.
2. Make sure your child has an appropriately sized bike.
3. Be visible. Ensure that your child’s bike has reflectors and lights. If your child is riding at or after dusk, make sure they are wearing bright clothing. A higher percentage of bicycle-related crashes occur at or around dusk.
4. Ride WITH traffic (in the same direction).
5. (Depending on the age of the rider) stay off sidewalks and walkways, whenever possible. Vehicles backing out or turning into driveways may not be able to view a child riding on a sidewalk or walkway.
6. Stay off their cell phone.
7. Ride in groups.
8. Wear appropriate clothing. No flip-flops.
9. Learn hand signals for turning.
10. Walk, not ride, your bike across crosswalks, especially crosswalks with a lot of traffic or coming around a curve.
Bicycle and pedestrian cases can be significantly more complicated that the “run-of-the-mill” car accident. From the moment we are hired, we diligently work to preserve evidence, take photos, speak with witnesses and help find you treatment, even if you do not have health insurance.
Our personal injury attorneys will listen to you concerns and answer your questions. Some common questions include
- What if there is a liability dispute?
- Who pays to repair your bicycle?
- Who pays your hospital bills, transport/ambulance bills and your future medical bills?
- How to get qualified for PIP benefits through YOUR car insurance, a resident-relative’s car insurance or the at-fault driver’s car insurance?
- Who pays for lost wages?
- Which doctors specialize in injuries to children?
- Which doctors in South Florida will take personal injury cases?
- Should you go to the hospital?
- Should you treat with a chiropractor or orthopedic surgeon?
- Are you covered through your uninsured motorist benefits?
- What is the value of your claim?
- Pros/cons of filing a lawsuit?
While obviously there is no amount of money that can be given to our clients that will ever justify or make up for the long term impact that a very bad bike accident can have on an individual and their loved ones, it will hopefully offer support and some level of justice towards the financial side of the complications that injuries sustained in an bicycle accident can have on someone’s life. You can trust that our attorneys will keep in touch with you every step of the way. We will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve and will ensure the insurance company feels your pain.
Accident attorneys Philip M. Snyder and Marc P. Lyons handle all bicycle and pedestrian accidents on a contingency basis. This means if we do not collect any money, you owe us nothing. That is our no-fee guarantee.
Call now for a free consultation.
Injury Compensation Claims We Excel In
Meet Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Marc P. Lyons
Mr. Lyons is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including car accidents, trucking accidents, Ride Share & more.
Philip M. Snyder
Philip Snyder is an award-winning attorney specializing in the field of personal injury, including all types of car accidents, trucking accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents and more.